Yep, it's a retarded meme, but I figured that I'm bored enough to do this one:
Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play.
Step 2: Write down the first line from the first 20 songs that play or close to it.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: Cross out the songs (or similar) when someone guesses correctly.
I don't normally keep formal playlists so this will be more along the lines of me picking 20 songs at random from my collection. Also for some of these I gave a little bit more than the first line, but oh well.
1. Oh, great intentions!
2. Out of my mind on Saturday night
The Stooges - 1970 (as guessed by noomdespilce
3. Sycamore trees blowing green in the distance
4. I've been in this town so long that back in the city I've been taken for lost and gone and unknown for a long, long time
5. Now that your picture's in the paper being rhythmically admired
Elvis Costello - Welcome to the Working Week (as guessed by noomdespilce
6. Cities breaking down on a camel's back
Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz (as guessed by schroe
7. I got so much trouble on my mind
8. Here on these cliffs of Dover
9. I've been in and out of every honky-tonk in town, and I'm almost drunk from all the drinks that I've turned down
10. Four score, seven years to go
11. On our trip to England, I noticed something obscene
12. I don't want to be shy
13. [song title], all floating in glass
14. You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need
15. Have you seen her face? She's got a face that could stop a clock
16. Take a look at these hands (repeated)
17. Get off of my ass you wee bitty fuck
18. Sane, sane, they're all insane
19. Cucaroo carucha, Chevy '39
20. Make a hole with a gun perpendicular
Ana Ng - They Might Be Giants (as guessed by schroe
21. I asked you a question, but I needed no reply (more than 20, but I just thought of this line and wanted to use it)
Also since it's been a long time, here are the rest of the answers (along with the old answers)
1. Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel the Illinoise!
2. The Stooges - 1970
3. Super Furry Animals - Ohio Heat
4. The Beach Boys - Heroes and Villains (would have also accepted Brian Wilson)
5. Elvis Costello - Welcome to the Working Week
6. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
7. Public Enemy - Welcome to the Terrordome
8. The Decemberists - We Both Go Down Together
9. Loretta Lynn - Mrs. Leroy Brown
10. Menomena - The Late Great Libido
11. Of Montreal - My British Tour Diry
12. Air - Cherry Blossom Girl
13. Neutral Milk Hotel - Two-Headed Boy
14. Pink Floyd - Dogs
15. Cheap Trick - He's a Whore
16. Talking Heads - Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
17. Ween - The Blarney Stone
18. Tom Waits - Clap Hands
19. Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention - Dog Breath in the Year of the Plague
20. They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
21. The Flaming Lips - Waiting for a Superman